Areas of practice and competence
Muhonde Attorneys offers notarial services for drafting, execution and registration of documents required to register mines and related rights, as well as consulting on Zimbabwean mining law.
- Advising on investment in mining
- Joint venture structuring and drafting
- Joint venture implementation and compliance and mining closure
Our Civil and Commercial services include:
- Advisory and compliance; contract negotiation
- Drafting of contracts
- Contract implementation and/or closure
- Litigation on contract as well as arbitration
Labour and employment law can be complex and requires a good understanding of local labour laws and compliance frameworks. By working with a legal expert such as Muhonde Attorneys, employers can avoid costly mistakes in areas such has employee disputes, unfair dismissals and employment contracts. Similarly, we can assist employees in understanding and exercising their rights in the workplace.
Our team is qualified to practice criminal law and strives to expedite such cases for clients.
We are able to handle:
- Bail applications
- Trial services
- Client police interviews
- Client prison interviews
- Watching brief
Use our expertise in property law for easy transfers of immovable property, or to enforce the rights and/or obligations associated with property ownership or rentals.
- Due diligence for buyers and sellers and legal compliance
- Drafting of agreements of sale
- Deeds search
- Drafting and lodging of draft deeds and other conveyancing documents
We are skilled in legal processes to support Estate planning and management, and deceased Estate administration. Within the bounds of the law, we seek to expedite all death-related legal requirements on the client’s behalf and in his or her best interests.
- Drafting of Wills
- Creation of Trusts
- Asset management
- Consulting on how to reduce estate duty /death duties
Family law is an area of practice that is often highly emotional with all parties wanting resolution quickly. Muhonde Attorneys takes an empathetic approach to family law practice and will always seek the quickest and most reasonable settlement possible. Each step is clearly explained so you can make informed decisions about the best interests of your family in the short and long term.
- Divorce settlements
- Custody arrangements
- Applications of rights of access to minor children
- Maintenance applications
- Legal guardianship applications
- Custodianship applications
- Applications for adoption
In matters pertaining to Intellectual Property (IP) rights, use our expertise in the following areas to secure your interests.
- Advising clients on patent claim drafting, copyright and traditional knowledge
- Registration of intellectual property rights
- Enforcements of copyright, patent rights and trademarks
- Litigation for damages caused by infringement of intellectual property rights
- General legal advisory services
We are able to collect disputed and undisputed debts. In addition to that we collect liquidated and unliquidated debts, meeting your debt collection needs with a range of debt related services such as:
- Letters of Demand
- Acknowledgement of debt
- Warrant/Writ of Execution/Attachment
- Civil imprisonment
Immigration is known to be one of the most stressful life events that an individual or family will ever face however it can be streamlined by appointing a legal firm such as ours that understands local frameworks for temporary employment permits (TEPs), work permits, permanent residency and citizenship.
- Permanent resident permits
- Police clearance certificates
- General legal advisory services
Because immigration and corporate relocations do not end with the successful application, we also consult on other typical relocation needs such as new bank accounts, investment portfolios, tax registration, life and household insurance, real estate and rental agreements, conversion of drivers’ licences, so that as soon as you land we will be attending to such matters to ensure your comfort.
We are able to assist and advise on various finance matters including:
- The negotiation and structuring of joint venture transactions and related agreements
- Contractual implementation and compliance with local laws including but not limited to- investment, taxation, indigenisation and economic empowerment and exchange control
Notarial Practice is a fundamental aspect of legal practice which is reserved for specialist lawyers/attorneys trained in notarial work and registered to practice as such. Muhonde Attorneys offers notarial services such as:
- Drafting of Notarial general covering bonds
- Deeds of Trust
- Deeds of Donation
- Change of name
- Deeds of sale
- Cession of debts
We cater to your company needs by providing professional corporate secretarial services on a consultancy basis these being included but not limited to:
- Advisory and company formation registrations
- All compliances with company registries
- Consultancy on corporate governance including board meetings, board minutes and implementation and monitoring of strategic plans